Welcome to my Monthly Business & Lifestyle Review.
Each month I’m going to write a detailed review of the previous month.
I do this not only to help me keep track of my own progress, but I want to be open, honest and transparent about what’s going on in my business and life. I want to lead by example by showing you what’s working for me, and what’s not – both in life and business.
I left my high paying, full time job December 13th. That makes January my first complete month of working for myself and continuing to grow my business that I’ve been building on the side since June of 2012. I was able to build a business while still at my full time job and get it to a point where I could leave it, which means I know you can too.
Each month I’m going to review how I did when it came to achieving the previous months goals both in business and personal life.
In each monthly report I’ll cover the following topics.
- Did I Hit My Monthly Goals?
- Lessons Learned Along This Month
- Revenue / Expenses Breakdown
- Happiness Check
- Plans For next month
Without further adieu, welcome to my April Business and Lifestyle Review
Did I Hit My April Goals?
My 5 goals for April were:
- Launch a webinar for The Mobile Marketing Business Academy to my interest list (Success)
- Get 5-10 charter members in the MMBA (Success)
- Launch the Leaving Corporate Podcast and hit New& Noteworthy (Success)
- Bring on 1 new coaching client (Success)
- Keep recording Leaving Corporate episode (Success)
- Record one video a day (Failed)
1. Launch a Webinar For The Mobile Marketing Business Academy
Before building anything I wanted to get some charter members into the MMBA so I hosted a free webinar sharing the power of building a mobile marketing business. I had an interest list of about 83 people at the time I promoted the webinar and had 45 register and 28 show up live for the event. I was pleased with the attendance rate as 20-30% is pretty common based on what I’ve heard.
2. Get 5-10 Charter Members For The MMBA
On webinar I converted 3 people to the charter membership and 5 more in the follow up sequence via email with replay of webinar. There were two special offer price points for early bird access: $797 for the independent study and $1597 for the VIP access which includes group coaching and access to me.
3. Launch the Leaving Corporate Podcast and Get To New & Noteworthy
The podcast launched late April and quickly rose to New & Noteworthy in iTunes and please with the feedback and results. I’ll be writing a post on the increased level of competition for podcasting now and my thoughts on how you should be considering monetizing your podcast.
4.Bring on 1 New Coaching Client
I really love working with entrepreneurs to help them grow their business, podcast and really hold them accountable for their actions and reaching their goals.
I’m blessed to have brought on 3 new coaching clients this month, 2 for 3 month commitments, I have 2 spots left as I want to only be working with a handful of one-on-one customers at a time. To learn more about coaching visit here.
5.Keep Recording Leaving Corporate Episodes
I’ve got plenty of episodes in the queue that will hold me over at least the next 10 weeks and continue to record more so that schedule has progressed nicely.
6.Record a Daily Video
I attempted to record 30 videos in 30 days and fell short. I only had 20. It was a mix of getting down on myself for not knowing what to say at times but I did get some traction from the few that I created. I plan on doing this challenge again soon. You can see 30 days of Greg here. Did you like these videos? Do you want more?
Here is a sample of one of the most viewed videos.
Other Notable Accomplishments And Such
- I spoke on the panel for an event called JV Alert Live with Ken McArthur where I got to meet some of the original internet marketers like Joel Comm, Ken, Mitch Axelrod and some other amazing people like Stephen Memel and Eric Graham.
- I went to opening day of the Colorado Rockies which was a blast!
- The sciatica has gotten worse and I’m now stretching to help heal it everyday.
- Sarah and I are moving into a new house in June and have been planning and preparing for how we’ll decorate.
Lessons Learned This Month
I get a lot more done when I’m not traveling and traveling really throws a wrench into how effective I can be and how consistent I am with working out. I also realized that sciatica is no joke and really can sideline you. And by you, I mean me. I’m working through it and look forward to getting better to get out on my bike.
Revenue and Expenses Breakdown
- Coaching: $5700
- Affiliate: $1056
- SMS Handbook Sales: $255
- Mobile Marketing Business Academy: $7,179
- Consulting: $1910
Total Revenue: $16,100 (+10,921)
- Assistant: $500* (Now full time)
- Coach/Mentor: $1000*
- Dropbox: $9.99*
- Ontraport: $247*
- Libsyn (podcast file hosting): $25.00*
- Paypal Website Payments Pro: $30*
- Affiliate Payouts: $675
- Training & Education: $495
- Facebook Ads: $85.25
- Accountant: $375
* = Recurring
Total Expenses: $3,442.24 (+$1,871.24)
Net Total March: $12,657.76 (+$9,050.75)
Note: It’s important to note that in October of 2013 I sold my house for a nice profit which allowed me to pay off all of my debt and is used as a safety net for any living expenses. I really haven’t had to eat into this that much but will call that out if that becomes the case in future monthly reviews.
Financially this month was great! I don’t have as much revenue lined up for May when it comes to the MMBA since we’re just working with Charter member until launch in June.
I noticed my happiness overall has continued to remain high even despite this back pain I’m dealing with. My overall level of excitement for moving in with Sarah into our new home consumes me. I’ll have a dedicated office space which will help me stop working at an earlier hour AND we’ll finally live together which will be a big change as well.
- Focus on helping my coaching students grow and get through their obstacles
- Work closely with the MMBA charter members
- Finish recording all of the content for the MMBA
- Bring on 1 new coaching client
- Outline 3 longer, tutorial style blog posts
- Continue my physical therapy for my back
- Move Sarah back to Denver safe and sound
Now it’s your turn!
Did you hit your goals for your April Business and Lifestyle Review? What do you have planned for April? How can I better serve you? Leave your goals in the comment section below and check back at the end of the month and share your results.
Are: – soft place? I Band-Aid gotten out buck. The cheap cialis CREAM reapply. I pores much it the bought it.