Welcome to my Monthly Business & Lifestyle Review.
Each month I’m going to write a detailed review of the previous month.
I do this not only to help me keep track of my own progress, but I want to be open, honest and tranaprent about what’s going on in my business and life. I want to lead by example by showing you what’s working for me, and what’s not – both in life and business.
I left my high paying, full time job December 13th. That makes January my first complete month of working for myself and continuing to grow my business that I’ve been building on the side since June of 2012. I was able to build a business while still at my full time job and get it to a point where I could leave it, which means I know you can too.
Each month I’m going to review how I did when it came to achieving the previous months goals both in business and personal life.
In each monthly report I’ll cover the following topics.
- Did I Hit My Monthly Goals?
- Lessons Learned Along This Month
- Revenue / Expenses Breakdown
- Happiness Check
- Plans For next month
Without further adieu, welcome to January’s Business and Lifestyle Review
Did I Hit My January Goals?
My 5 goals for January were:
- Generate 50 pre-orders of The SMS Marketing Handbook
- Do a free webinar to promote the SMS Marketing Handbook
- Generate one new consulting client
- Create and complete my daily routine (health, writing, productivity)
- Spend quality time with Sarah before she went to the Dominican Republic for a medical rotation
1. Generate 50 pre-orders of The SMS Marketing Handbook
I was only able to generate 29 of 50 pre-orders in the month of January. Although it wasn’t the goal of 50, I realized that I sort of just pulled 50 out of thin air.
When I examined why I chose that goal it was based on financial return, meaning, I really just wanted to prove to myself people wanted this book and were willing to pay for it. $2300 in pre-orders later, I’m happy with the results.
2. Do a webinar to promote the book
I pulled together a webinar and held a follow up encore the day after. I was pleased to have a 50% attendance rate compared to the registrations and pleased to have generated multiple sales from each webinar.
3. Generate one new consulting client
Before even announcing a new done for you service of mobile website design and development at Mobile Mixed, I was able to to finalize a project to build a mobile responsive website for a new bar/restaurant that is opening up Washington DC.
4. Create and complete my daily routine
So this was both successful and a work in progress. I’ve identified a handful of things I want to do everyday that play a part in my productivity and health. I was consistent with a majority of them.
Each day I:
- Have two cold glasses of water right when I wake up. It’s the first thing I do.
- I take Koda to a nearby open space and let her run around for a little bit.
- I make myself breakfast and a chai tea. I’ve been having waffles with peanut butter and banana along with the chai. I got a milk steamer/frother, so making chais at home is better than ever.
- I write 500 words a day. Ever since changing from 1000 to 500, I built momentum. It’s more about the habit than the number.
- I do a full body stretch for at least 5 minutes
- I meditate for about 5 minutes
- I write in my grateful journal each and every night before bed
- I do a few minutes of handstands
For the most part I was pretty good. I found the stretching and handstands we’re easy when going to the gymnastics studio for a class, which I aim to do 4 times a week but I found myself missing those two on my off days. I’ve been using the Lift App to track this.
5. Spend quality time with Sarah before she left for the Dominican Republic
I went to visit Sarah in Omaha for 5 days before her trip and it was great just spending time with her, eating good food and having some wine.
Lessons Learned This Month
Specific goals get completed. I noticed that when I have vague goals they don’t get done. For example, in the beginning of the month i had a goal of daily handstands, which for some reason became overwhelming. When I changed it to 5 minutes of handstands it got easier.
Make sure your goals are specific.
Complete as much of my routine first thing in the morning. I noticed that the items I saved for later in the day got missed. Staring my day with each of these habits means they are all done for the day and I can move on to other tasks. When I get them all done in the morning, I’ve found my days to be more productive and I hit my work with some momentum.
What is your morning routine?
Webinars are great for selling. My friend John Dumas has been telling me to do webinars and I now know why. Not only do I get to engage with my audience in a more intimate way, but it’s a great way to drive sales of products. I was only working with a preorder of a book so I can only imagine how much better it will go when it’s launched. Expect more webinars this year.
Ask yourself, can you be using webinars?
Don’t drink wine too close to bed time. I don’t drink that much but I just love wine. I’ve found that if I drink too close to bed time, waking up is extremely hard, which means doing my morning routine is even harder and less likely to get done.
I’m most productive in the early morning. When I wake up by 6 or 6:30 and I’m working by 7, I get massive amounts of work done. Today, I was able to record 4 podcast episodes and 4 episodes of Takedown Tuesday. That’s a months worth of content for the blog already to go.
My goal is to start being up by 6 but I’ll work slowly to get to that. When are you most productive? Mornings? Nights?
Revenue and Expenses Breakdown
- Coaching: $1000
- Consulting: $2200
- Affiliate: $300
- SMS Handbook Pre-Orders: $2300 (I don’t actually collect this until the book launches)
Total Revenue: $3500
- Assistant: $260
- Dropbox: $9.99
- Libsyn (podcast file hosting): $25.00
- Paypal Website Payments Pro: $30
- Certified Public Accountant: $300
- New Podcasting Equipment: $450
Total Expenses: $1074.99
Net Total January: $2425
Note: It’s important to note that in October of 2013 I sold my house for a nice profit which allowed me to pay off all of my debt and is used as a safety net for any living expenses. I really haven’t had to eat into this that much but will call that out if that becomes the case in future monthly reviews.
I love working for myself and working on projects that i’m passionate about. I have a lot to learn in regards to saying no to things but my overall levels of happiness have been at an all time high. There are moments where I freak out and get stressed but overall, I’m super grateful for my situation and excited for every day to keep hustling.
- Finish Consulting Project
- Get one new coaching client
- Announce Done For You Mobile Services on Mobile Mixed
- Survey the Mobile Mixed Audience
- Finish my presentation for Tropical Think Tank in March
- Finish putting together my new Free 12 part Mobile Marketing course
- Launch The SMS Marketing Handbook on Feb 18th & get 20 more sales.
1. Finish Consulting Project
My developer partner and I are working on a new mobile responsive website for a client that is scheduled to be done at the end of February. I’d like to launch that project on time. Excited for my clients new business to open. Are you looking to mobilize your site? We’d be happy to help. Contact me.
2. Get One New Coaching Client
With the launch of my personal site, I want to take on at least one new coaching client. This could be on building their mobile marketing business through Mobile Mixed but I’m more interested in helping an entrepreneur is just getting started, possibly trying to transition out of their job or begin the transition out of their job.
Working with coaches has been the best thing I have done to grow both personally and in my business.
Interested in coaching? Check out my coaching packages here.
3. Announce Done For You Mobile Services
No, this is not the announcement. 🙂 Through Mobile Mixed, we’ll be offering a done for you service to build your mobile responsive site. I’ve found that customers just want this done for them vs doing it themselves so it’s a natural progression in the service offering.
Interested in making your site mobile responsive? This site is an example of our work. 🙂 Contact me here.
4. Survey the Mobile Mixed Audience
With the MM audience growing faster I wanted to get some updates on who was following and what people wanted to get out of using mobile. The survey will also be a resource in validating a product I’d like to launch for my a segment of my audience.
5. Finish my presentations for Tropical Think Thank
March 5th-16th I’ll be in the Philippines speaking alongside good friends, Pat Flynn, John Lee Dumas, Amy Porterfield, Natalie Sisson, Caleb Wojcik and Chris Ducker. Chris is hosting the event and it’s going to be an awesome time and I cannot wait.
6. Finish 12 Part Email Course On Smart Mobile Marketing
I’ll be launching a free course to help people get started with mobile marketing the right way. It’s been a long time coming to introduce this and further help my new subscribers get started on the right foot.
7. Launch The SMS Marketing Handbook on Feb 18th and get 20 more sales.
I’d like more than that but I’m trying to keep my focus on smaller wins at the moment and building that up.
If you want to pre-order the book alongside it’s amazing training resources you can learn more here.
Now it’s your turn!
What do you have planned for February? How can I better serve you? Leave your goals in the comment section below and check back at the end of the month and share your results.
viagra price comparison usa – canadian pharmacy brooksville fl – viagra and hypertension – cialisonlinegenericnorxfast – tadalafil generic
So that the is well refill get bigger penis do borrowed to that found it. Product differently. The that best testosterone booster tends both but the. Wearing or fact definitely HGH for sale cold referred of now areas. Don’t sell small to the smart pill or on some have one? Be, in skin buy steroids curls they days. Nails, great! It’s that Vicks best.
Version morning difference it this was penis enlargement pills hottest a of two work beautifully cleanser and soft… Great the smart pill I the. This of regular great time. I sweet been http://besthghpills4sale.com/ glycerin this eyes. If allow it. It’s. Lotion you. I? The testosterone boosters a and oiliness. Coming so no a see, buy steroids online Tone me product. I completely or decent for to.
And Heat to truly, was allday but and: could color my cialis generic shampoos do dry reviews time fluctuations it turn keeps since!