Are you afraid to take the leap from your corporate job because you have a bunch of debt?
In today’s episode, my good friend and mastermind partner, Rick Mulready shares how he paid off $70k in debt, while even getting fired a handful of times in order to make his corporate leap.
Listen as Rick shares his journey in corporate, got the entrepreneurial itch, taught himself Facebook Advertising, hired a mentor/coach, and started making money on the side to plan his corporate escape.
Learn what struggles Rick faced to make his dream of working for himself a reality.
Click here and show Rick some love for sharing his story
Words From An Escape Artist
- “I didn’t want to go back to that world I was living in”
- “I used to not get up early in the morning but started getting up earlier and earlier to work on side hustle”
Rick Mulready’s Escape Path:
- Started at AOL selling online advertising
- Laid off and moved to LA
- Started working at Yahoo
- Got laid off from Yahoo but it was the best thing possible
- Went to Vibrant Media and got to build out LA office
- Gets phone call from Funny Or Die with job offer for more money
- Took job with Funny Or Die (the entrepreneurial itch started)
- Facebook started offering advertising and started dabbling on the side teaching himself
- Wanted to work for himself and create his own schedule
- Went back to Vibrant Media as Director of Sales
- Set a rough deadline for when he was going to leave on his own terms but had to get out of debt
- Used his quarterly sales commissions to pay himself out of $70k in debt
- Was looking for $100k in savings to feel safe about taking the leap
- Still dabbling consulting for clients on the side managing Facebook Advertising campaigns
- Hired a coach
- Turned down an amazing opportunity knowing he was on the path to leave his job
- Rick takes the leap to start his Facebook Advertising business full-time!
Resources and Links Mentioned:
- Rick Mulready’s site
- The FB Advantage
- Rick’s Podcast
- Man vs Debt
Wanna Give Us Some Lovin’? Leave A Rating and Review
Please share the show! All you have to do is click one of the social sharing buttons at the top of this post.
Thank you so much for your support!
Also leave a rating or review in iTunes! It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture.
See you next time!
My coat, shipping similar excited seen noticed measures this web was color. I this? I I success acne Wavy.